Joshua 3:5

...Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Be still

Right now my life is crazy. I tend to embellish things, exaggerate often, and get a tad animated. But I'm being dead serious, my life is crazy right now. Is your life crazy? Let me share a few things from my week that might make you feel a tad more normal.

-My preschooler went to school with two different shoes on today. Funny thing is it didn't bother either one of us--seemed fairly normal. One tennis shoe, one Croc.
-My house looks like someone had a fraternity party here yesterday while I was at work. (Minus the beer, add some Kool-Aid Jammers.)
-Our puppy looks like he needs to be rescued by a good, caring family.
-I have absolutely no idea what day it is. Not joking.
-I left work early today to buy some friends a Blizzard. I didn't feel guilty one bit.
-I took out the trash today praying it was indeed trash day... because I wasn't really sure.
-I'm still working on my son's birthday party arrangements, a week late. Poor kid lost his invitations. Round two went out today. Who knows if we'll ever have a party.
-A good friend called me on my cell phone at work today and I had no clue on earth who I was talking to. It took me a solid five minutes after we hung up to figure it out.
-I ranted to a complete stranger today about something for no apparent reason. He laughed his head off at me. Still not even sure what I was worked up about.
-I had lunch today with a girlfriend. I still wonder if she had a clue that I was half asleep during the whole date.

I sure hope you're laughing and not seriously relating. These seem like things only a crazy person could write about. I feel crazy! When I feel crazy I must sit down and be still. I must not vacuum. I must not peel stickers off the wall. I must not take out the trash. I must not pay the bills. I must not fret over my taxes. I must not clean the bathrooms. I must not watch television. I must not eat any junk. I must not write a to-do list. I must not call a friend. I must be still. I need God. I need his love and comfort. I need his power. I need his support. I need his goodness and mercy. I need his lovingkindness. I need his promises. I need his word. I need his truth. I need his presence. I need him. That's all I need. Then, I promise, I can get through today. One random mess at a time.

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
Psalm 46:10

Today I challenge you to be still. Know God. Be one day better at being still. Be still TODAY!

Much love,
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, looks like God is saying the same things to a lot of people...hence my post from Tuesday of this week entitled "I Can't Do It All!!". Hope you are able to find some 'be still' time.

    ReplyDelete